- 30 Jan 2023
- 3 Minutos para leer
- Actualizado en 30 Jan 2023
- 3 Minutos para leer
Achieve efficiency through a customizable working space
In this era of digitization, data is produced and captured at every juncture. The volume of data is so huge that it is tedious to track it. Occasionally, teams miss focus on the relevant data unless highlighted by their internal or external stakeholders. Proper attention to the data points is essential as it increases the team's efficiency and enhances the function's efficacy.
There are various means through which teams do it. Traditionally, teams keep on making a note physically in their personal diaries or maintaining an excel sheet to focus on relevant data points. They also design ad-hoc reports in the system, which keep popping or emailed as the priority items. However, these methods are still person dependent and only get optimal results if the staff has owned the portfolio for a considerable time. Furthermore, in this era of high staff turnover, tracking data has become critical, especially among the team managing external stakeholders.
A typical case
Let us consider the business case of a fast-moving consumer durables organization that has multiple white goods in its portfolio. Based on the feedback from the sales and marketing team, they keep updating the existing products to increase their product life cycle. The product team also launches new products to cater to newer segments. The launch and change management function raises PR for new or updated parts, and the buyer creates a purchase order. The organization has a conventional IT system where all the business rules have been configured. Based on the purchase order, the contract manufacturer dispatches the materials to the assembly plant, which in turn would be delivered by a carrier.
Now consider that every time the change management team implements a new component, the buyer team must be followed up for releasing the PO. This could be done either by tracking the part numbers through an email or by using a shared file.
The complexity would increase manifold if there were multiple products and multiple buyers handling them, manually managing the above case. This will significantly decrease team productivity due to increased meetings and follow-ups.
Managing actionable data points of the workflow
As business complexity increases, there is a need for customizable filters that can assist multiple functions and be customized based on user insights. This will enable the key stakeholders to take control of the relevant data points which need attention. The filters can also be modified and saved for future usage.
DL Asset Track: Dashboard & Widgets
DL Asset Track™ is a permissioned blockchain platform with features like a business workflow and pre-built filters to emulate real-world value chains. It allows every participant in a business workflow to create and save a tailored filter based on the business need. A filter is an element on every column that enables the participant to filter the relevant information as needed. As the users tend to apply the same filter on every login, they can also save it for future use.
- User-specific customizable filter with configurable columns.
- A filter can also be saved through the search tab of a particular column.
- Horizontal scrolling options when the applied filter columns extend beyond the screen.
- The Filters button enables viewing applied filters on a business workflow to search instances.
- Switching between different filters in real-time, based on business needs.
Adding a new Filter
- On the workflow instance page, search using the search bar under each column name.
- Select the required values for columns.
- Save the filter by providing the filter name.
Updating a Filter
- Select the desired filter from the ‘Filters.
- Search required values using the search bar under each column name and save it.
- A filter can be renamed or deleted from the ‘Filter’ sidebar.
Clearing an applied Filter
- The selected filter is seen under the columns in the Applied Filters option.
- Select the ‘Clear All’ button to remove all applied filters.
Switching between the filters
- Saved filters will be available in different tabs on the listing page.
- Upon switching, the workbook grid will reload with the saved filter.
To be discussed with the marketing team how to place a link to this URL using an anchor tag.
Please find more information here.