- 24 Jan 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Build your First Workflow
- Updated on 24 Jan 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
DL Asset Track™ is the world’s most powerful low-code platform built on top of Blockchain used by Top Fortune 100 companies such as Walmart, Pepsi Co, Coca-Cola, Frito Lays, etc. Our world’s largest Blockchain solution has been in production for over 3 years with 100% uptime.
Let us assist you in building your first Workflow by taking an example of Cotton Shirts. Following the simple steps
- Create your Free Account
- Create your Asset and Asset Category
- Build your Business Workflow
Overview of DL Asset Track – Clothing Lifecycle
Business Workflow Configuration
Follow the steps to build your Business Workflow on DL Asset Track™ platform:
- Login into the DL Asset Track™ platform.
You must have received the URL and Tenant name on your registered email id.
- Enter Tenant Name and click Continue to Login.
- Enter your Registered Email ID and Password to access your Operator account.
Step1 - Create Asset Category
- Click Asset Category from the Navigation Panel.
- Click + Category from the top right corner of your screen.
An Asset is any tangible or intangible object which a user wants to track or trace.
An Asset Category is a logical collection of Attributes (characteristics) of an Asset.
- On Create page, enter the Asset Category details:
- Name - Clothing Lifecycle
- Description – Cotton Shirts
- Click Save.
The entire lifecycle of Cotton Shirts can be covered under a single Asset Category.
Create Asset Category
- Select the created Asset category i.e., Clothing Lifecycle
- Click + Attributes.
- On Create page, enter Attributes of Cotton Shirts that need to be tracked:
- Name – Cotton_Weight
- Field Type – Textbox
- Select Validation – Numbers
- Click Save.
- Once saved, a notification appears “Asset Category has been updated” at the bottom left of the screen.
Create Asset Attributes
In this example attributes can be Cotton price, colour, weight, quantity etc.
To know in detail about adding Attributes visit the Attributes article.
Check the Create Another checkbox to stay on the Create window to create more attributes.
Step 2 - Create Asset Profile
- Select Asset Profile from the Navigation Panel.
- Click + Asset Profile at the top right corner of your screen.
An Asset Profile is a set of attributes logically covered under one category.
To learn more about Asset profile, please visit the Asset Profile article.
- On the Create page, enter the Asset Profile details
- Asset Profile Name – Raw Cotton Data
- Asset Category – Select Clothing Lifecycle from the drop down
- Description – Tracking Raw Cotton Data
- Click Next.
Create Asset Profile
- Click on Maximize icon.
- Select Attributes from the list of Attributes you have created.
List of Attributes
You need to select at least one Attribute to add an Asset Profile in the Business Workflow.
- Once saved, a notification appears “Asset Profile has been created successfully” at the bottom left of the screen.
Step 3 - Create Business Entity
- Select Business Entity from the Navigation Panel.
- Click + Business Entity at the top right corner of the screen.
- On Create page, add the Business Entity details
- Name - Cotton Producer
- Description - Cotton Producer (Farm)
- Click Next.
To learn more in detail about Business Entity, visit the Business Entity article.
Create Business Entity
- Once saved, a notification appears “Business Entity has been created successfully” at the bottom left of the screen.
By following the above steps you can configure the second and third Business Entity as well i.e Cotton Processor and Shirts Manufacturer.
Step 4 - Create Participants
Select Participant from the Navigation Panel.
Click + Participant at the top right corner of your screen.
On Create page, add Participant details:
- Participant Name - Ali
- Business Entities – Cotton Producer (Select from the drop-down)
- Email – XYZ@gmail.com
- Address – 60, XYZ
A Participant is an individual from a Business Entity. Participants add or update data on behalf of their respective Business Entity.
To learn more in detail about participants, visit the Create a Participant article.
Remember, Participants cannot delete data once entered on the platform. Information entered on platform can be updated; however, it will always leave a digital log behind.
By following the above steps, you can configure the second and third Participant as well i.e Amit and Bicky. You need to add atleast one Participant for each Business Entity.
Step 5 - Create Business Workflow
- Select Business Workflow from the Navigation Panel.
- Click + Workflow at the top right corner of the screen.
Add Workflow button
- On Create page, add Business Workflow details
- Workflow Name - Manufacturing Cycle
- Asset Category – Clothing Lifecycle (Select from the drop-down)
- Asset Profile – Raw Cotton Data (Select from the drop-down).
- Description - Cotton Farm to Manufacturing of Cotton Shirts
- Workflow Instance Label - Shipments
To know more about how to create a business workflow visit the Create Business Workflow article.
- Click on Configure Sequence.
To know more about how to configure sequence visit Configure Sequence article.
- Click Start node.
- Next, click Business Entity node.
Start node and Business Entity node
- Click on + icon to add a Business Entity.
- Enter the details for the first Business Entity node.
- Display Name - Cotton Producer
- Group Name - Cotton Producer
First Business Entity node
- Click SELECT ATTRIBUTES tab.
- Add Attributes and select the required Attributes by clicking on the checkboxes.
- Click Save.
Cotton Producer becomes the first Business Entity in the Configure Sequence section.
Similarly follow the above steps to add other Business Entities i.e., Cotton Processor and Shirts Manufacturer to the workflow in order to complete the Business Workflow.
Configure first Business Workflow
- Click WORKFLOW SETTINGS.
- Enter the Start date and Estimated end date to configure the Date for this workflow.
- Click Save and Close.
Save and Close
Your First Business Workflow for Clothing Lifecycle is created.
By following all the above steps, you can configure the second Business Workflow as well i.e., Shirts Transportation – from Textile Manufacturing to Retail Store.